| || |
CARSTAR Canada Offers Winter Driving Tips
CARSTAR Automotive Canada, Canada's collision repair experts offers some smart tips to avoid weather-related collisions by taking a few preventative measures:
- Take it easy. If you really have to drive in the snow make sure you do so slowly. Accelerating to gain traction is a no-no on slick icy streets and is the leading cause of fender benders or worse.
- Stock up. Make sure you have some basic supplies in your car in case you do get stuck. Extra blankets, winter wear (toque, mittens and a scarf), flashlight, battery charger, tire chains and a cell phone are must have items for your vehicle.
- Plan ahead. Keep your gas tank close to full in case you get caught in traffic, have to take a detour or are traveling prolonged distances on a highway.
- All systems ready. Make sure that your car's bells and whistles are up-to-snuff. Tune-ups and regular service are important in the cold weather when more demands are placed on your car. When you get a tune up be sure that the following systems are in proper working order: heating system, battery, tire pressure and wheel alignment.
- See and be seen. In the winter, visibility is key. Be sure to get your windshield wipers and washer fluid top-shape. As well, be sure that your windshield is crack free and your defrost system, front and back, is working. It is also important to re-aim your cars headlights to ensure a high degree of visibility to the benefit of yourself and others.
Founded in Hamilton, Ontario in 1995, CARSTAR Automotive Canada is the
Canadian Master Franchisor for the 300 North American CARSTAR network, with over 100 locations in Canada.
©2002 Collision Repair Industry INSIGHT
All Rights Reserved
INSIGHT Supports the NABC!